Windows Updates for August 2007
Today, I was surprised at the number of updates that my Windows XP computers received from Automatic Updates. At least Microsoft hasn’t completely forgotten about their XP users now that Vista is finding its way on many computers! The following updates are for Windows XP SP2, although I would think that similar updates exist for other operating systems as well.
- Cumulative Security Update for IE (KB937143)
- Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 (KB936181)
- Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Servics 6.0 (KB933579)
- Vulnerability in Windows Media Player (KB936782)
- Vulnerability in OLE Automation (KB921503)
- Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 3.0 (KB936021)
- Vulnerability in Vector Markup Language (KB938127)
- Vulnerability in GDI (KB938829)
- Reliability Update for Explorer.exe on Windows XP-SP2 Systems (KB938828)
- Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal – August 2007 (KB890830)
That’s quite a handful of updates! Anyway, I hope you have been keeping your Windows PCs up to date so far. Be reminded that if you are running Windows XP you should also have service pack 2 already installed (SP2) in order to receive these updates.